Are you looking for a healthy, vegan soup that will satisfy you on a cold winter evening? Here is a soup that fits the bill. This is my delicious Sweet Potato Lentil Soup. It is full of protein, fat, fiber and lots of great nutrients including Vitamin A, several B Vitamins, Vitamin E, Iron, Potassium, Folate, Magnesium, Phosphate and many others. Try it and enjoy!!
Here is a sweet potato and lentil soup that I love. Add a green salad with raw veggies for a complete meal.
1 cup dried lentils
1.5 Tablespoons of coconut oil
1 cup diced onion
1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 cup coarsely chopped greens of your choice (spinach, kale, collard greens, etc.)
1 Tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
3.5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Soak the lentils for 2-3 hours and then drain the water.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large pot. Add the onion and saute until it is translucent.
3. Add the lentils, sweet potato, greens, ginger, pepper and sea salt.
4. Add the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils and sweet potato are tender.
5. Add the coconut milk and heat through.
6. Remove from the heat and add the turmeric and curry powder.
7. Serve with a green salad.
If you want to find out how Susan can partner with you to reach your optimal health goals, click the button below to schedule your complimentary 15-minute Discovery Session.